You don’t need to struggle when choosing the right mattress to suit your sleeping style, budget, and body. That’s because mattresses are far superior these days, and we should know – we’ve spent hundreds of hours reviewing and researching the latest and greatest models. We did this by testing the models and listening to thousands of users’ feedback. Best Memory Foam Mattress For Lower Back Pain
Our top-rated mattresses have been ranked in our best mattress guide. There are options for every budget. So whether you want a good value memory foam mattress that excels at pressure relief, a cooling option, or an organic mattress for non-toxic sleep, you’re in luck. Comfort and support are the main criteria for any mattress featured here. It’s up to the individual and their budget to decide which mattress is best for them. Best Memory Foam Mattress For Lower Back Pain
You can buy a mattress online, which is often easier than shopping in a store. Most brands will offer free shipping. Some even include free gifts. You can order the best mattress online in just a few clicks. The company will also deliver the mattress to you free of charge if you decide not to. Best Memory Foam Mattress For Lower Back Pain
Our best tip? We recommend that you look for a brand that offers a risk-free trial of no less than 30 nights. Our top picks include at least 100. It can take up to three weeks to get used to a new mattress. And unless you have an urgent need to buy, it’s worth waiting if you can’t find a sale on your top choice right now. The mattress world is competitive and there’s usually a discount to be found though. To help, we’ve tracked down the latest mattress deals for all our best mattress recommendations below. Best Memory Foam Mattress For Lower Back Pain
Saatva is an eco-conscious company that uses environmentally friendly materials during their bed. As a green option, Saatva has also cornered the market with free White Glove delivery, further establishing themselves as one of the pre-eminent, direct-to-consumer luxury mattresses.
- Coil-on-coil construction provides better support and more body-contouring than many conventional inner springs.
- Different firmness and thickness options available,
- Eco-friendly construction includes recycled steel, bio-based foams, and cotton at the cover.
- Free full-service delivery, a 120-night sleep trial, flexible guarantee, and strong customer service.
- A lot of people claim, that Puffy Mattress is without a doubt, one of the most comfortable mattresses available. They often compare it to enjoy sleeping on a cloud. Also, clients suffering from back pain, say that they feel relief with Puffy’s Adaptive Flexible Cloud Technology. With Puffy, you receive both a 101 night sleep trial, along with a lifetime warranty.
- Incredible mattress to your money. Very top quality mattress. It does take two days before your Puffy Mattress is shipped; since the mattress is made to order.
- Puffy’s top layer is CertiPUR-US Accredited , and is made of Cooling Cloud Relief Foam. The Cooling Cloud Relief foam layer is responsible for making you feel like you’re sleeping on a cloud. The bottom layer is comprised of a Firm Core Support Foam, which is likewise CertiPUR-US Certified.
- Another great mattress option, is the ever popular DreamCloud mattress. Having a premium natural latex coat, DreamCloud provides a good bounce, and additional contour.
- A few highlights of the mattress apart from the tufting are stitched handles across the side, a cost of $ 1,199 for a queen size and flax yarns and cashmere blend. Normally to get all these features you can expect to spend north of $5,000.
- DreamCloud is a luxury hybrid mattress, offering an whole year sleep trial; versus the normal 100 night trial. New pocket coil technology allows the manufacturing price to be cheaper, and the savings are passed directly to the client.
- Nectar is probably the most popular and hottest mattress on the market at the time of this writing. It’s incredible comfort doesn’t leave you disappointed. The support of Nectar is great, and it does not have too much sinkage.
- Many mattress manufacturers have a 10 year warranty, nevertheless the Nectar has the Forever Warranty.
- Nectar’s top layer is comprised of Quilted Gel Visco Elastic Memory Foam. Additionally, it has a gel memory foam, together with Polyurethane Support Foam.
- While most manufacturers offer a 100 night sleep trial, Nectar offers a 365 night sleep trial.; Nectar gives you a complete year to test theirs.
- The Purple bed mattress is made of hyper-elastic polymer, which differs from numerous other mattresses, generally made of memory foam. The feel of this bed mattress is dramatically different than the feel of any other bed mattress.
- Allows you to sleep cool throughout the night, all while having an extremely responsive motion transfer.
- Purple bed mattress comes with a 10 year restricted service warranty.
- The top layer includes a hyper-elastic polymer gel grid. The bottom layer is made up of polyurethane foam.
- Idle Sleep is an online direct-to-consumer mattress retailer. Idle offers customers an exceptional 18-month sleep test during which they can try mattresses risk-free.
- Idle Sleep has four mattress models available: the Idle Gel Foam (pictured), the Idle Gel Plush (pictured), and the Idle Hybrid (pictured).
- Idle Sleep’s flippable beds can last longer than other models if they are rotated regularly.
- Idle Sleep provides free shipping and a non-prorated, lifetime warranty.
- A hybrid mattress that is affordable and comfortable.
- The GhostBed Flex is an affordably-priced hybrid model constructed of six layers, including a quilted cover, two layers of memory foam, two layers of polyfoam, and a layer of pocketed coils. It is 13 inches tall and has a firmness of 6 (medium), on the 10-point scale.
- The GhostBed Flex’s temperature-regulating features start in the cover, which is quilted with cooling fiber to be cool-to-the-touch while allowing ample airflow. Gel is infused into both layers of memory foam in the comfort system. This helps to pull heat away from the body.
- Ghostbed Flex is ideal for couples or those who sleep hot naturally.
- This is the ideal choice for anyone looking for a low-cost hybrid mattress.
- Ghostbed Flex comes equipped with a Limited Warranty of 25 Years and a 101 Night Sleep Trial.
- The Signature is Nolah’s flagship product. It is soft and supportive at the same time, thanks to the brands proprietary AirFoam” and high density poly foam.
- Nolah’s Signature 12 has two firmness levels, depending on which way it’s flipped; Medium-soft on one side and Medium-firm on the other.
- Excellent motion isolation makes the Nolah Signature a good option for couples who are easily disturbed by mattress motion while they sleep.
- Comes with a 120 night sleep trial and free shipping.
- Sweetnight has a full line of mattresses and pillows, mostly using gel memory foam for their products.
- Featured on Amazon, however all of Sweetnights products and sizes are only available directly through their official website.
- 5 mattress models available, and voted Best Budget Mattress, Sweetnight has something for everyone.
- Sweetnight offers a 100 night sleep trial, as well as free shipping for all of its mattress models.
- Available in both memory foam and hybrid.Available in both memory foam and hybrid.
- Awara is a hybrid mattress model, combining innerspring support with a significant comfort system.
- A latex hybrid, the Awara Mattress pairs a 4-inch layer of natural, Rainforest Alliance-certified Dunlop latex with a 9-inch support core of pocketed coils.
- The latex is certified by the Rainforest Alliance, meaning it meets criteria on economic, social, and environmental sustainability and impact.
- It is also certified by GOLS (Global Organic Latex Standard), which indicates that the latex is organic. The plush Euro top cover is composed of New Zealand wool and organic cotton.
- The Aurora is a hybrid mattress that includes several layers of foam as well as coil springs.
- The Aurora is offered in 3 firmness levels: soft, medium, and firm.
- The Aurora mattress is currently one of the most popular and affordable.
- Ideal for hot and back sleepers.
- This product comes with a 120-night trial period and a 10-year warranty.
How to Choose the Right Mattress
Memory foam is a fantastic choice for those who want to feel “hugged” by their mattress. It conforms to your body, providing greater pressure relief than springs and excels in absorption of the motion. That last benefit alone makes it a great choice for anyone who shares the bed with an anxious partner (but is not the ideal choice for those who prefer a bit of bounce in your mattress – you’ll want an innerspring or a hybrid). Best Memory Foam Mattress For Lower Back Pain
One of the main advantages of memory foam is that it allows you to sink into it – that is the reason why it offers the higher-than-average cushioning. This dense material, like all foam mattresses, may feel more warm in the night than other mattresses. However, the top memory foam mattresses today are packed with special cooling materials specifically designed to control your temperature while you sleep. Best Memory Foam Mattress For Lower Back Pain
An all-foam mattress may not be the best option if you are prone to extreme heat during the night. If you like the cushioning feel of memory foam, there’s a wide selection of cooling memory foam mattresses worth a try. These range in price from the affordable (from $499) to more than $3000. Best Memory Foam Mattress For Lower Back Pain
Mattresses with innerspring
Innerspring mattresses use a coil-based support system for comfort and stability. There are many variations in the number, height and shape of coils. Traditionally, innerspring mattresses were made of interconnected coils. However pockets spring mattresses are becoming more common.
The mattresses are individual coils that are enclosed within their own pockets of fabric. They can be moved independently, and offer better relaxation, comfort and motion isolation. The more pocket springs you have in the mattress, the more it will support. You can also use one of the best mattress toppers to instantly add an extra layer of support and comfort. Best Memory Foam Mattress For Lower Back Pain
Innerspring mattresses are buoyant, so you can lay on the top of them rather than sinking underneath them. That’s good news for those who sleep hot, since the body heat won’t be trapped by the mattress. In addition, the springs allow greater air circulation than thick foam. Innerspring mattresses also have more bounce than all-foam options and are generally less expensive.
Hybrids offer the most beneficial of both worlds: You can benefit from the customized comfort of memory foam latex or gel, while also getting the subtle bounce and increased airflow from springs. The coils of hybrid mattresses are usually smaller than traditional mattresses, and you’ll often (but not always) have a thicker memory foam layer.
A lot of the top mattresses are hybrid. These mattresses are a great alternative for couples who have different preferences for sleeping. They also are an excellent option for those who appreciate the softness of foam.
Latex mattresses use a super long-lasting latex foam made of natural materials, rather than synthetic ones (which memory foam mattresses are made of). Latex is an organic and sustainable option for mattresses.
It’s not as dense as memory foam, which makes mattresses made of latex less susceptible to overheating. Latex also provides good bounce and contouring. It is an excellent choice for those looking to buy mattresses that last. However, it’s not cheap. Best Memory Foam Mattress For Lower Back Pain
What is the right mattress size?
One golden rule for choosing the right size of mattress is to ensure that it’s 10cm longer than the person who is tallest on it. If you are sharing a bed with your partner, your hands should be at the same height as your elbows. If you’re sleeping by yourself, the mattress will be the right size if your hands can reach the edges and not touch the edges. Measure the distance between your head and the mattress. If it is wider than this, you’re well.
Most of the options listed in our best mattress reviews are available in twin twin XL, full, queen, king and California king sizes. There are some that come with split options too, which enable you to choose the mattress that is firmer to your partner. There are mattresses that offer a distinct firmness level on either side (firm on one side and soft on the other).
The price of a mattress is usually dependent on its size and depth. Twin mattresses are typically a little cheaper than queen-sized mattresses, but the California king size and king size are typically around $200 more than queen sizes. The prices for hybrid mattresses, premium and luxurious models of the mattress are generally higher than the ones listed for the original/basic model.
How can I determine the correct mattress firmness?
Medium firm is consistently the most sought-after mattress which is why the majority of premium mattresses fall within a range of 5-7 on the firmness scale (10 is the degree of firmness). Best Memory Foam Mattress For Lower Back Pain
Mattresses are however subjective. Mattress comfort and firmness depend on a variety of factors such as the weight you are carrying, your height, the shape of your body, your sleeping way and temperature, and whether you experience pain in your hips or back. This means that one person’s experience with an mattress will differ significantly from the experience of a different person. Also, whether you would prefer a more soft or firmer mattress will come dependent on your personal preference. Best Memory Foam Mattress For Lower Back Pain
We employ a variety of customers to evaluate our mattresses as well as hundreds of reviews from users. Remember this when you’re looking at our ‘firmness gauge’, that ranges from 1 to 10 with 10 being the firmest – you may discover a mattress that is slightly softer or firmer than we’ve found it.)
There are general guidelines that can assist you in determining which degree of mattress firmness is best for you. Best Memory Foam Mattress For Lower Back Pain
Think about your preferred position for sleeping.
Back sleepersoften benefit from a medium-firm mattress. A medium-firm mattress offers the best of the best of both worlds. It provides an even spine alignment and assists with shoulders and hips, while not placing too much pressure. Best Memory Foam Mattress For Lower Back Pain
If a mattress is not firm enough, back sleepers might find their spines forming an uncomfortable ‘U’ shape that causes strain.If the mattress is too firm, the natural ‘S’ curve of your spine won’t be properly supported. Best Memory Foam Mattress For Lower Back Pain
Side sleepersThey should have adequate pressure relief in their hips and shoulders in addition to the support they need to their body.
A mattress that’s moderate to medium soft is an ideal option. If it’s too firm however it’s not aligning the spine correctly with shoulders and hips.
Because of its superior characteristics for contouring the memory foam mattress is typically the best option for sleepers who are side-sleeping. Best Memory Foam Mattress For Lower Back Pain
Front sleepersA mattress that is firmer is ideal for these. This can help lift the hips so that they’re in alignment with the spine and prevents the spine from forming the shape of a U. The hips shouldn’t be rigid, as it could cause discomfort to a lot of people, especially women.
It could feel a bit oppressive if it is too soft. Innerspring and hybrid mattresses are better than foam for sleepers in the front. Best Memory Foam Mattress For Lower Back Pain
Combination sleepersIt is important to pick the mattress according to your most comfortable sleeping position. This is the position in which you usually fall asleep. Best Memory Foam Mattress For Lower Back Pain
A medium-firm mattress, in the event that you don’t have one, will offer the most support for all sleeping positions.
Take into account your body’s weight
Sleepers who weigh less than 130 pounds are less likely to sink into a mattress. They are also suitable for soft mattresses – between 2 and 4 on the firmness scale. But a mattress that is medium-firm could also be a great option.
Between 130 and 230 lbs are better suited for medium or medium-firm mattresses.
Mattresses that are firmer can be an ideal choice for heavier sleepers who weigh greater than 300lbs. Best Memory Foam Mattress For Lower Back Pain
Take advantage of the risk-free sleep trial
It could take up to 3 weeks for your body to adapt to the new mattress.
This is particularly true if the mattress was not supporting you properly Don’t think that when you first feel sore, the reason is wrong It could be due to your body getting used to greater support. The majority of mattress tests require the minimum period of 21 days, for this reason. Best Memory Foam Mattress For Lower Back Pain
There’s an easy way to know if a mattress is adequate in firmness. Lay down on your back and put your hand on the smaller of your back. If there’s a large gap, it’s not firm enough and if there’s not a gap, the mattress is too soft.
When is it best to purchase a new mattress
There are always cheap mattress deals – Nectar, the top mattress maker, has been offering its best ever mattress offer for over one year. Some months have greater discounts than others.
In November, Black Friday and CyberMonday mattress deals offer the lowest prices, while Presidents Day mattresses sales are the most popular. This is when consumers slowly begin to spend again following January’s lull. Retailers are keen to encourage this spending with strong offers and prices that often match Black Friday. Best Memory Foam Mattress For Lower Back Pain
The Memorial Day mattress sales are another key time to buy a new mattress, as retailers look to make way for newer models launching over the summer by discounting older stock. For the sheer volume and variety of discounted mattresses, it’s as good as Black Friday – but we’ve noticed prices don’t always dip quite as low. You might see the same discount advertised – $200 off, say – but the price may have quietly gone up by $100, so while the mattress is still cheaper than its previous full price, you’d have saved more if you bought it in November or February. Best Memory Foam Mattress For Lower Back Pain
The same applies to the Labor Day and July 4th mattress sales. Although they offer discounts that match other major holidays many of their actual prices aren’t the lowest in the year. These are still great deals and well worth your time if you’re looking for a new mattress. Best Memory Foam Mattress For Lower Back Pain