It doesn’t have to be hard to find the right mattress for you, your body and your budget. That’s because mattresses are far superior these days, and we should know – we’ve spent hundreds of hours reviewing and researching the latest and greatest models. This was done by testing them and analyzing feedback from thousands of mattress owners. Best Rated Mattress For Side Sleepers
Our top-rated mattresses have been ranked in our best mattress guide. There are options for every budget. You have options for a great value memory foam mattress, one that is comfortable and cools, or an organic, non-toxic mattress. We expect the best in support and comfort from all of these mattresses. It is up to you and your budget to choose between them. Best Rated Mattress For Side Sleepers
You can buy a mattress online, which is often easier than shopping in a store. You’ll also enjoy free shipping with most brands, plus some even throw in free gifts. You can order the best mattress online in just a few clicks. The company will also deliver the mattress to you free of charge if you decide not to. Best Rated Mattress For Side Sleepers
Our best tip? We recommend that you look for a brand that offers a risk-free trial of no less than 30 nights. Our top picks include at least 100. It can take up to three weeks to get used to a new mattress. If you don’t have an immediate need to purchase, it is worth waiting until you find a deal on your top choice. There are usually discounts available in the mattress market. To help, we’ve tracked down the latest mattress deals for all our best mattress recommendations below. Best Rated Mattress For Side Sleepers
Saatva is an eco-conscious company which uses environmentally friendly materials during their mattress. As a green option, Saatva has also cornered the market with free White Glove delivery, further establishing themselves as one of those pre-eminent, direct-to-consumer luxury mattresses.
- Coil-on-coil construction provides better support and more body-contouring than most conventional inner springs.
- Gives you multiple choices of thickness, as well as firmness.
- Eco-friendly construction includes recycled steel, bio-based foams, and cotton in the cover.
- Free full-service shipping, a 120-night sleep trial, flexible warranty, and strong customer support.
- Many individuals claim, that Puffy Mattress is without a doubt, among the most comfortable mattresses available. They frequently compare it to enjoy sleeping on a cloud. Also, clients suffering from back pain, say that they feel relief with Puffy’s Adaptive Flexible Cloud Technology. With Puffy, you get both a 101 night sleep trial, alongside a lifetime guarantee.
- Incredible mattress for your money. Very high quality mattress. It does take 2 days before the Puffy Mattress is shipped; since the mattress is made to order.
- Puffy’s top layer is CertiPUR-US Accredited , and is made of Cooling Cloud Relief Foam. The Cooling Cloud Relief foam layer is responsible for making you feel like you’re sleeping on a cloud. The bottom layer is comprised of a Firm Core Support Foam, which is likewise CertiPUR-US Certified.
- Another terrific mattress choice, is the ever popular DreamCloud mattress. Having a premium natural latex coat, DreamCloud provides a fantastic bounce, and additional contour.
- A few highlights of the mattress apart from the tufting are stitched handles along the side, a price of $ 1,199 for a queen size and flax yarns and cashmere blend. Normally to get all these features you can expect to spend north of $5,000.
- DreamCloud is a luxury hybrid mattress, offering an entire year sleep trial; versus the typical 100 night trial. New pocket coil technology allows the manufacturing price to be cheaper, and the savings are passed directly to the client.
- Nectar is probably the most popular and hottest mattress available at the time of this writing. It’s incredible comfort does not leave you disappointed. The support of Nectar is fantastic, and it does not have too much sinkage.
- Many mattress brands have a 10 year guarantee, nevertheless the Nectar has the Forever Warranty.
- Nectar’s top layer is comprised of Quilted Gel Visco Elastic Memory Foam. Additionally, it has a gel memory foam, along with Polyurethane Support Foam.
- While most brands offer a 100 night sleep trial, Nectar provides a 365 night sleep trial.; Nectar offers you a full year to test theirs.
- The Purple bed mattress is made from hyper-elastic polymer, which differs from lots of other bed mattress, generally made from memory foam. The feel of this mattress is significantly different than the feel of any other bed mattress.
- Allows you to sleep cool throughout the night, all while having a really responsive motion transfer.
- Purple bed mattress includes a 10 year minimal service warranty.
- The top layer consists of a hyper-elastic polymer gel grid. The bottom layer is comprised of polyurethane foam.
- Idle Sleep is an internet-based, direct-to”consumer mattress retailer. Idle Sleep offers customers an 18-month trial period during which they can test out mattresses risk free.
- Idle Sleep sells four mattress models: the Idle Gel Foam, the Idle Gel Plush, the Idle Hybrid, and the All Natural Latex.
- Idle Sleep’s flippable beds can last longer than other models if they are rotated regularly.
- Idle Sleep offers free shipping, and a lifetime non-prorated warranty.
- This mattress is perfect for anyone looking for a hybrid mattress at an affordable price.
- GhostBed Flex, a hybrid model that is affordable, consists of six layers: a quilted cover; two layers memory foam; two layers polyfoam; and one layer of pocketed coils. It totals 13 inches thick, and it has a firmness rating of 6 (medium firm) on the 10-point firmness scale.
- The GhostBed Flex’s temperature-regulating features start in the cover, which is quilted with cooling fiber to be cool-to-the-touch while allowing ample airflow. The comfort system’s two layers of memory foam are infused with gel to draw heat away from the sleeping person.
- Ghostbed Flex is best for couples, and for people who prefer to sleep hot.
- It is the perfect mattress for budget-minded people who want a comfortable hybrid mattress.
- Ghostbed Flex comes standard with a 21-night trial and a 25-year limited warranty.
- The Signature is Nolah’s flagship product, and uses the brand’s proprietary AirFoam” and high density poly foam to achieve a soft yet supportive feel.
- The Signature 12 is a flippable mattress with two different firmness options. Medium-firm on one side, and Medium-soft on the other.
- If you have a partner, and are easily disturbed during the night, the Nolah Signature would be a great choice, due to how well it handles motion transfer.
- Every Nolah mattress comes with a 120 night sleep trial, and free shipping.
- Sweetnight offers a full line of mattresses and pillows, both. Most of their products are made up of gel memory foam.
- Featured on Amazon, however all of Sweetnights products and sizes are only available directly through their official website.
- 5 mattress models available, and voted Best Budget Mattress, Sweetnight has something for everyone.
- Includes a 100 night sleep trial and free shipping.
- Available in both memory foam and hybrid.Available in both memory foam and hybrid.
- The Awara is a hybrid mattress, which means that it combines an innerspring support core with a significant comfort system.
- A latex hybrid, Awara Mattress pairs a 4-inch layer of natural, Rainforest Alliance-certified Dunlop latex with a 9-inch support core of pocketed coils.
- The latex of the Awara is certified by the Rainforest Alliance. This means it meets the criteria on environmental sustainability, social and economic impact.
- Awara is also GOLS (Global Organic Latex Standard) certified, indicating the latex is organic. The top cover is made of New Zealand wool and organic cotton.
- Aurora is a hybrid-type mattress. It includes multiple foam layers and coil springs.
- The Aurora is available in three firmness levels: firm, medium, or soft.
- The Aurora is currently among the most sought-after and value-priced mattresses.
- These are best suited to back sleepers and hot sleepers.
- You get a 120-night free trial and a 10-year guarantee.
How to Choose the Best Mattress
Memory foam is a fantastic option for anyone who likes to feel “hugged” by their mattress. Memory foam conforms to your body and offers better pressure relief than spring-based mattresses. It’s also excellent for taking in the motion. That last benefit alone makes it an ideal choice for people who share an uneasy bed with a partner (but it’s not the best choice in case you like bouncing on your mattress, you’ll need an innerspring or hybrid instead). Best Rated Mattress For Side Sleepers
Memory foam has one key feature: it allows you to get sunk into it. This is what gives it the superior cushioning. Similar to any mattress made of all foam, such dense material can be warmer in the night than other mattresses. The most comfortable memory foam mattresses are now filled with cooling materials that help regulate your body temperature when you rest. Best Rated Mattress For Side Sleepers
If you are prone to overheating at night, you may be better off with the all-foam mattress. There are many memory foam mattresses that have cooling properties, which is great for those who appreciate the cushioning feeling of memory foam. The prices of these mattresses range from $499 to over $3000, depending on how you spend your money. Best Rated Mattress For Side Sleepers
Mattresses with innerspring
Innerspring mattress use the coil-based system of support to offer comfort and stability. The size, quantity and shape of the coils differ, and even though traditionally, innerspring mattresses were built with interconnected coils, the term is used increasingly for mattresses that are pocket springs.
They have individually wrapped coils that sit inside their own fabric pocket and are able to move independently, providing improved pressure relief, more comfort and greater motion isolation. The more springs in a pocket that are in the mattress, the better it will support. You can also use one of the best mattress toppers to instantly add an extra layer of support and comfort. Best Rated Mattress For Side Sleepers
They are buoyant, meaning you can sleep on the top instead of sinking beneath them. That’s good news for sleepers who are hot as the body heat won’t be trapped in the mattress. Additionally, the springs allow greater air circulation than the dense foam. Innerspring mattresses also have more bounce than all-foam options and are also less expensive.
Hybrids offer the best of the worlds. They provide the necessary support from memory foam, gel, or latex, while also getting the subtle bounce and higher airflow that springs provide. Hybrid mattresses are made of smaller coils as well as a thicker layer of memory foam.
Many of the best mattresses are hybrid models. They can be a fantastic alternative for couples who have different preferences for sleeping. They also are a great choice for hot sleepers who appreciate the softness of foam.
Latex mattresses are made of a highly durable latex foam made from natural materials instead of synthetic materials (which memory foam mattresses are constructed from). Latex is an organic and sustainable choice for mattresses.
It’s not as dense like memory foam, making mattresses made of latex less susceptible to overheating. Latex also provides good cushioning and bounce. Latex is a great option for people who are looking for a mattress that lasts. However, it’s not cheap. Best Rated Mattress For Side Sleepers
How do I select the best mattress size?
The best guideline to consider when selecting the ideal mattress size is to make sure it’s at least 10cm longer than the person who will be sleeping on it. Width-wise, if you’re sharing an area of a bed, both you and your companion should be able to lay your hands under your head, without elbows touching. If you’re sleeping by yourself and the mattress is adequate if your hands can reach the edges without touching the edges. Measure the distance, and so long as you select one that is wider than the measurement, you’re fine.
The majority of mattresses that we have included in our top mattresses guide come in twin, full, twinXL and California king sizes. There are split options too. They allows you to choose the right degree of mattress firmness for your partner. There are mattresses that offer different levels of firmness for each side (soft on one side and hard on the other).
The more spacious and more deep the mattress the more expensive. The majority of twin mattresses are just a few hundred dollars more than the queen size, however, the king and California King sizes typically cost about $200 more than queen size. Hybrid mattresses, luxury and top models generally cost more than the basic/original mattress costs which are listed.
How can I determine the proper mattress firmness?
Medium firm is the most sought-after type of mattress. The majority of top mattresses fall in the range of 5-7 on a firmness scale (which is about 10). Best Rated Mattress For Side Sleepers
But, mattresses aren’t perfect. Firmness and comfort depend on many variables, such as your weight, height, body shape and sleeping method, temperature and whether you are experiencing any discomfort, like hips or back. So, a person’s impression of a mattress could differ from that of a different person. Your personal preference will determine if you prefer more firm or soft mattress. Best Rated Mattress For Side Sleepers
(That’s why we use various people to test our mattresses , and that’s why we look through hundreds of reviews from our customers. Keep this in mind when you’re evaluating our ‘firmness gauge’, that ranges from 1 to 10 with 10 being the most firm. You may find a mattress more or less firm than we’ve found it.)
There are general guidelines that can assist you in determining which degree of mattress firmness is the best for your needs. Best Rated Mattress For Side Sleepers
Think about your preferred position for sleeping.
Back sleepersA medium-firm mattress is often an excellent option. This provides the most optimal of both, providing neutral spine alignment , while also supporting shoulders and hips not putting too much stress on the shoulders and hips. Best Rated Mattress For Side Sleepers
A mattress that is too soft could cause back sleepers to experience their spine forming an unnatural U-shape. This can cause strain. Best Rated Mattress For Side Sleepers
Side sleepersNeed a great pressure relief on their hips and shoulders, and for their body contours to be properly supported.
A mattress that’s moderate to medium-soft is a good choice. Too soft mattresses could cause the spine to not align with the hips and shoulders.
Memory foam is often the most suitable mattress option for sleepers on the side due to its above-average characteristics for contouring. Best Rated Mattress For Side Sleepers
Front sleepersA firmer mattress is better for these. This assists in lifting the hips so they’re aligned with the spine. It also prevents the spine from forming the shape of a U. It’s not recommended to be too stiff, as it can cause discomfort to a lot of people, especially women.
It can feel almost uncomfortable if it’s too soft. Hybrid and innerspring mattresses are superior to foam mattresses for people who sleep on their fronts. Best Rated Mattress For Side Sleepers
Combination sleepersYou should pick the mattress based on your preferred sleeping position. This is the position at which you usually fall asleep. Best Rated Mattress For Side Sleepers
If you don’t already have one, a medium-firm mattress will provide the best comfort and support in all sleeping positions.
Take into account your body’s weight
Sleepers below 130 lbs are less likely to sink into the mattress. They may also be more comfortable on soft mattresses, between 2 and 4 on the scale of firmness. But a mattress that is medium-firm is also a good option.
Between 130 and 230 pounds are best suited to medium or medium-firm mattresses.
Heavier sleepers who weigh above the 230 lbs mark are best suited to firmer mattresses, between 8-10, which prevent them sinking through the different levels of comfort. Best Rated Mattress For Side Sleepers
Take advantage of the risk-free sleep trial
It can take up to 3 weeks for your body’s body to adjust to a new mattress.
This is particularly true in the event that the mattress you were using was not sufficient for your body. Because of this, the majority of mattress tests require that you be patient for at least 21 days prior to returning to the old mattress. Best Rated Mattress For Side Sleepers
Apart from how a mattress feels, there’s a simple method you can employ to check whether it’s the right firmness for you. Lay down on your back and put your hand on the smaller of your back: if there’s a big gap, the mattress is too firm and if there’s not a gap, the mattress is too soft.
When is the best time to buy a new mattress?
All year there are mattress deals at a discount. Nectar for instance, the leading mattress manufacturer, has been running its best-ever offer for over a decade. But, there are certain months with greater discounts than others.
In November, Black Friday and CyberMonday mattress deals offer the lowest prices, while Presidents Day mattresses sales are the most popular. The latter is when people slowly start spending again following the January lull, and retailers look to stoke interest with strong offers and prices that are often as low as Black Friday. Best Rated Mattress For Side Sleepers
The Memorial Day mattress sales are another key time to buy a new mattress, as retailers look to make way for newer models launching over the summer by discounting older stock. This is a great deal, considering the number of mattresses that are being offered at a discount. However, prices don’t always dip nearly as low. It’s possible to see the same deal advertised – $200 off, perhaps – but the actual price has quietly gone up $100. So while the mattress might still be cheaper than its full price, it would be more affordable if you bought it in November, February, or March. Best Rated Mattress For Side Sleepers
The same can be said of the July 4th mattress sales and Labor Day mattress sales: discounts typically match those offered during other major holidays, but many of the actual prices aren’t quite the lowest of the year. If you are looking for a brand new mattress, these discounts can still be a good deal. Best Rated Mattress For Side Sleepers